The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies – I have a few tricks to make this the best soft chocolate chip cookie you have tried. Thanks to hundreds of positive reviews from bakers around the world, I’m sure this chocolate chip cookie recipe will be loved too. Cooling the cookie dough is essential, and the cornstarch makes it smoother and thicker!
There is no such thing as homemade chocolate chip cookies, soft and warm cookie dough, sticky chocolate chips or the sweetest scent that comes out of the oven. It’s as attractive as homemade donuts or banana bread. Memorable with the most beloved chocolate chip cookies in the United States when making Christmas cookies or astonishing kids with sweetness after school.
Ingredients Of The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup unsalted butter, (16 Tbsp), softened
- Prepare 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- You need 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- Prepare 2 large eggs, room temperature
- It’s 2 tsp vanilla extract
- You need 3 cups all-purpose flour, measured correctly*
- Prepare 1 tsp baking soda, sifted
- It’s 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, (12 oz), divided reserving 1/4 cup for the top
The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Support the baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat liner. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, pour 2 pieces of butter, 1 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Gently tap the cream on medium/high speed for 5 minutes, rub the bowl down as needed.
- Add 2 eggs at a time, stir well each time, and add the next 2 tablespoons of vanilla that have been scratched as needed.
- In another bowl, mix 3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp baking soda (remove lumps and cut into pieces). Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the cream butter and mix to combine with each addition. Fold in 2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to even out the dough (3Tbsp each). Place the dough scoops side by side on the baking sheet at intervals of approximately 2 inches. I made 26 cookies by hitting 3 cookie sheets. Shake the ball lightly with your hand and stud a spare chocolate chip over the cookie ball. Bake immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time (bake 12 minutes) at 350°F until the edges are just golden. The top will look on the still-baked tribe. Wait 5 minutes for the cookies on a baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cool.