Snowball cookies are one of those classic Christmas cakes that many people think should be baked during the holidays. Butter and peanut-like snowball cookies with a soft, mouth-watering texture like whipped buttered shortbread always remind me of a bit of cotton candy.
This Italian cookie is always popular throughout the winter. Serve with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or homemade egg nog for perfect match!
Ingredients Of Snowball Cookies
- Prepare 2 ¼ cups flour
- Prepare ¾ cup walnuts finely chopped
- You need ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 cup butter unsalted
- It’s 1 teaspoon vanilla
- You need ½ cup powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
Step by step instructions of Snowball Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn the baking sheet over with putty paper.
- Put flour, walnuts and salt in a small bowl and mix. Separately.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and powdered sugar with a mixer until creamy.
- Lower the mixer and add the flour mixture until combined.
- Form dough into 1″ balls and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the bottom of the cookie is slightly brown.
- Let the cook cool for a few minutes until you can handle it. Add powdered sugar and place on a rack to cool completely.