Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce – This chicken has a fully customizable dry grater in terms of heat. You can increase the level of seasoning according to your personal taste. This works well for us at home because I discard mine first and then add some extra chopped chili.
This is Perfect Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce Recipe and very easy to make.
Ingredients of Perfect Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce
Prepare For The Chicken
- You need 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- You need 1 teaspoon chili powder
- It’s 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- It’s 1 teaspoon onion powder
- It’s 1 ⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- You need 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- You need 2 teaspoons paprika
- It’s 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- It’s 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- You need ¼ teaspoon pepper
Prepare for The Cheese Sauce
- It’s 2 tablespoons flour
- It’s 2 tablespoons butter
- It’s 1 cup milk
- You need ¼ teaspoon salt
- It’s ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- You need ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded, do not use the bags!
Perfect Mexican Chicken with Cheese Sauce Instructions
- Mix the seasonings and season both sides of the chicken breast well.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat and grill the chicken until cooked through. (temperature int 165 degrees f)
For Cheese Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour and cook until it starts to boil around the edges.
- Slowly add the milk and mix to combine.
- Keep stirring until the mixture has heated up.
- You should check the temperature (I use my finger). You want it hot enough to melt the cheese but not cook it.
- When the mixture is hot, start mixing the cheese in small batches at a time until all of the cheese is blended.
- When the cheese has melted, add the paprika and cayenne pepper. Season with salt if necessary. Serve hot on the chicken.