This cake is very tasty. When I was young, I didn’t get much, but when I did, it was the greatest pleasure. The cake itself is healthy and basically an old chocolate cake. But there is frost… There is frost! Where is the Heart Eye emoticon? It’s like a crack. It is recommended to fill the bowl with powdered sugar with a spoon.
Basically, mousse will not be made in the traditional way. The main difference between French silk pies is the way they beat eggs. Or more precisely, the time you hit them.
The recipe starts with mixing butter and sugar, then adding melted chocolate. At this point, start adding Chang eggs one at a time and whip for 5 minutes each time you add.
This part is very important. Adding eggs at once will make the soup a mess. If there is not enough time for whipping after each egg, the filling/frosting/mousse will fall out. Trust me when I tell you not to rush through this process.
Ingredients Of French Silk Pie Cake
- Prepare 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Prepare 2 cups granulated sugar
- You need 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder sifted
- You need 2 tsp baking soda
- You need 1 tsp baking powder
- It’s 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- You need 1 cup hot water
- It’s2 large eggs
- You need 2 tsp vanilla
French Silk Frosting:
- Prepare 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened, but still cool
- Prepare 1 cup caster sugar superfine sugar (granulated ok, not powdered)
- You need 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Prepare 3 oz unsweetened Baker’s chocolate melted and cooled completely
- Prepare 3 large whole eggs cold
- You need chocolate flakes or sprinkles
Step by Step Hoh to Make French Silk Pie Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease two 8-inch round baking pans, dusted with cocoa powder. Line the floor with parchment paper.
- Put all the drying material into the bowl of the stand mixer equipped with the paddle attachment. Stir to combine.
- Stir all the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (slowly pour hot water so that the eggs are raw).
- Mix wet ingredients in additional dry medium for 2-3 minutes. The batter becomes very thin.
- I poured it evenly on the prepared fans. I used a kitchen scale so that the dough was evenly distributed.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake tester is almost clean.
- Cool with a fan for 10 minutes, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
French Silk Frosting:
- Using a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar until thin (about 3 minutes). It is best to use a refrigerated bowl. Clean the bowl as needed. Add cooled melted chocolate and vanilla and beat until mixed. Scratched the bowl as needed. Switch to whisk attachment. Add eggs one at a time, whipping for 5 mins after each addition. Scrape bowl before adding each egg.*
- Frosting will be fairly runny. A whisk puts the whole ball in the fridge and let it cool for 30 minutes (take it out every 10 minutes and whip it).
- Place each layer of cake on a cake board or plate. Using French Star Chips, each layer is sprinkled with chocolate flakes connected by a pipe to Daroppu. ***
- This way you can serve two separate cakes, or put them in both refrigerators and let them cool for an hour, then carefully remove one from the cakeboard stack onto the other cake.