One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet – One-pot meal is very simple, and can be quickly collected and organized with minimal facilities, so it is very suitable for a busy family like me. Some of our favorite one-pot meals are one-pot chicken pasta, one-pot butter chicken and noodles, and this one-pot cheese smoked sausage pasta.
The best thing is that it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. This one-pot meal was the first choice for a weekend supper. You can start as soon as you eat it with a salad!
Ingredients Of One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Prepare 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- You need 1 pound Smoked Turkey Sausage sliced
- You need 1 cup diced onion about 1 medium onion
- Prepare 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 2-3 fresh cloves
- It’s 2 cups chicken broth
- Prepare 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes (with or without chiles) (like rotel)
- You need 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- You need 8 ounces dry pasta like rotini, penne or farfalle
- Prepare salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- Prepare 1/3 cup sliced scallions for garnish
Step by step How to Make One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Add olive oil to a 5-quart wok over medium heat. Add onion and sausage, simmer until light brown. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes (undrained), milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve. (You could also broil for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese).