Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan – This classic oven-baked chicken parmesan recipe is a healthy chicken Parmesan recipe that is grilled rather than fried. Served with whole-wheat spaghetti and lit up in this restaurant’s quality Parma chicken.
HOW TO CUT CHICKEN BREASTS IN HALF
I’ve never seen a chicken breast cut like this, but it’s very easy and the cooking time and taste are very different. Cut the chicken breast into butterflies (like a book) and cut to the end to make two pieces of the same size.
Cut the chicken breasts in half, evenly put them in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, seal and pat to a uniform thickness. You can use a meat grinder or rolling pin like this. Alternatively, you can put the chicken breast between the second layer of packaging instead of in a zipper bag.
Ingredients Of Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare 1/2 cup water
- It’s 1 egg
- It’s 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- You need 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- You need 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- You need 2 cups Marinara sauce
- You need 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- You need Whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
Step by step How to Make Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- You are putting eggs and water in a bowl. In another bowl, mix bread, 4 tablespoons cheese, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. Soak half of the chicken breast in the egg mixture and soak the next bread mass mixture, which has been confessed in excess, on both sides. Place on a baking sheet with a cooking spray. Repeat for the rest of the chicken.
- Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray or olive oil mister. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Each chicken breast was coated with marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Continue baking until the cheese melts.
- Serve on whole grain spaghetti.