Teriyaki Chicken is a super easy chicken recipe that can be made without marinade in 10 minutes!
Teriyaki Chicken with Broccoli is a super easy chicken recipe that can be made in 10 minutes without the need for marinating. Crispy juicy skinless chicken thighs, deep fried and floating in a homemade teriyaki sauce with a wonderful flavor. A touch of garlic adds a special touch to traditional Japanese teriyaki. Better than bottled sauce!
Crispy skinless chicken thighs, fried and floating in a homemade teriyaki sauce with a wonderful flavor. A pinch of garlic adds an extra touch to a traditional Japanese teriyaki chicken recipe and is absolutely addicting! This is guaranteed to be better than ANY store bought teriyaki sauce.
Why Japanese takeout when you can make delicious and authentic teriyaki chicken at home! No need to bone chicken legs or worry about losing skin fat. This teriyaki chicken recipe is quick. Simple. Tasty.
Ingredients of Easiest Teriyaki Chicken
- Prepare 1.3 pounds (600 grams) skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- You need 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- You need 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- You need 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (or white granulated sugar)
- Prepare 3 tablespoons cooking Sake ((rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- You need 2 tablespoons Mirin (optional — white wine or dry sherry can be substituted)
- You need 1 tablespoon sesame oil, optional (adds a wonderful flavour)
- It’s 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves garlic)*
- It’s 1 shallot/green onion stem, sliced to garnish
- You need 4 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or corn flour) mixed with 2 teaspoons water (ONLY IF NEEDED)
Easiest Teriyaki Chicken Instructions
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir fry chicken, stirring occasionally until lightly browned and crisp.
- In a small jug or bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar, Mirin and sesame oil to combine. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the centre of the pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes).*
- Add in the steamed broccoli. Garnish with green onion (or shallot) slices and serve over steamed rice.