The Simplest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes super smooth chocolate and super tasty cookies – no blender or cooling required.
This simplest chocolate chip cookie recipe is just one such recipe. Cookies can be made from scratch in under 20 minutes without removing the blender or chilling the dough. All of which makes this chocolate chip cookie recipe easier to make.
This recipe uses only a few basic ingredients: flour, sugar, yeast, salt. Plus, it’s super quick and easy – no blender or refrigeration needed, so the cookies can be mixed and baked in under twenty minutes.
Ingredients of Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- It’s ½ cup butter
- You need ½ cup granulated sugar
- You need ¼ cup brown sugar (packed)
- Prepare 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- It’s 1 large egg
- It’s 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour¹
- You need ½ teaspoon baking soda
- You need ½ teaspoon kosher salt2
- You need 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat the butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds. The butter should be completely melted but it should not be hot.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with the sugar until everything is well mixed.
- Add the vanilla and egg until just incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Please read the recipe note about properly measuring flour.
- Mix dough until just combined. Dough should be soft and a little sticky but not overly sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough (medium cookie scoop) and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are set. They will be puffy and still look a little underbaked in the middle.3
Don’t over bake the cookies or you won’t get soft cookies. Several people said they had to bake the cookies longer. Since oven temperatures can vary, I recommend starting with the specified cooking time and increasing the time as needed.