Chicken Potato Bake is like a chicken and potato casserole seasoned with garlic and olive oil, baked in the oven and topped with melted stretch cheese. It’s my favorite recipe whenever I need cheap, easy, and quick dinner ideas!
It may sound a little crazy, but I often sit down to make my meal plan for the next week and am at a loss.
In this recipe, I baked the boneless chicken legs with the potatoes. If you don’t have chicken thighs, you can substitute chicken breasts in this recipe.
With potatoes you can choose between red potatoes, red potatoes or white potatoes. You don’t have to peel them! Just wash and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. I support the skin because it adds texture and also contains a lot of nutrients.
Ingrediensts of Chicken Potato Bake
- Prepare 4 potatoes medium-sized, cut into 3/4″ cube (russet, white, and red are all good choices, no need to peel)
- You need 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- You need 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon salt
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I like to use thighs)
- You need 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- You need parsley (optional, freshly chopped)
Chicken Potato Bake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Put the potato cubes in a large bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix.
- Spray nonstick spray on large (9×13) baking sheet. Put the potato mixture in a bowl and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the chicken pieces in the skillet, incorporating a little into the potato mixture. If desired, brush the top of each piece of chicken with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
- When serving, sprinkle chopped parsley on top (if desired).