7up Lemon Pound Cake – This classic 7UP lemon pound cake recipe is a simple southern dessert suitable for any occasion. The smooth butter pound cake is made from scratch with a little lemon added. Enjoy the cake glaze alone or with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Every home chef should have some delicious and simple cake recipes that they can rely on when hosting a party or attending a party. This 7UP pound cake is a classic favorite-it has a crispy shape, a dense (but dry and not brittle) soft, buttery crumb! The secret recipe is 7UP soda!
In this particular recipe 7UP soda is used for several purposes. It acts as a leavening agent (for example, instead of baking soda) to help the cake ferment, adding a lemon-lime flavor and acting as a liquid for the dough.
Ingredients of 7up lemon pound cake
- It’s 2 stick of butter (softened).
- You need 1 stick of margarine (softened).
- You need 4 large of eggs (room temp).
- It’s 3 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of 7-up.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar).
- It’s 2 tbsp of milk (or as needed).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
7up lemon pound cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- in mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- add eggs one at a time, it helps to crack them in a separate bowl first.
- add flour (1 cup at a time).
- add vanilla and lemon juice.
- slowly mix in 7 up.
- bake 45 mins to an hour.
- while baking: make glaze.
- put powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl, and whisk.